I have another exciting guest post for you. I love working with other bloggers around the world. Seeing other people’s opinions and advice about skincare and beauty. Today’s post is by Eva Forde, a dedicated and passionate freelance lifestyle blogger. She writes anything related to fashion, travel and fitness and is driven by passion and has an eye for creativity. She brings us skincare advice and tips to fit into our busy lives. Enjoy…
Busy Mums Morning Skincare Routine
Let’s face it, being a Mom is tough work. There are hardly enough hours in the day to get stuff done for other people, let alone dedicating much time in the morning to do a skincare routine for yourself. Even though mornings are hectic for a busy Mom, your skincare regime doesn’t have to be. All it takes is a couple of minutes: a good cleanse, a dash of toner if need be, and a dab of moisturizer to leave you feeling refreshed and ready to tackle the day ahead.
Put your best face forward with these simple steps:
- Cleansers:The vital first step to any skincare routine is a good facial cleanser. A cleansers job is to clean out your pores, remove dirt or pollutants, and wipe away any residual makeupand dead skin cells. Having clean pores reduces the chance of breakouts, while leaving your skin soft and visibly brighter. Opt for a product that’s right for your skin type using this guide below:
- Oily: greasy to touch, often has a sheen to it.
- Sensitive: easily irritated and prone to being dry, red or itchy.
- Dry: rough, flaky skin that tends to be tight.
- Normal: neither oily nor dry; the ideal blemish-less complexion.
- Combination: two or more skin-types; predominately dry or sensitive and oily.
Regardless of skin-type, shop for a product that is free from chemicals and artificial fragrances as they can irritate the skin and can promote acne. Eye of Horus from Active Skinis a solid choice, since it has heavy hitting naturally sourced ingredients that are easy on your skin. When cleansing it’s best to use lukewarm water and a wet washcloth, so it doesn’t dry out your skin. And to wash before you shower.
- Toners:Use a toner if you have acne-prone or oily skin or if you wear a lot of makeup or sunscreen. A toner’s purpose is to tighten pores and protect the skin from clogging. Toners can also bond moisture from your moisturiser to your skin and restore your skin’s pH balance so your face looks instantly youngerand rejuvenated.
- Moisturizers:Reinvigorate and moisturize the skin, after a thorough wash. Cleansers strip away unwanted skin impurities but can also dry out the skin if you forget to rehydrate your face with a skin-type appropriate moisturizer. When choosing a moisturizer, lean toward one that offers SPF as it’ll help protect your face against unwanted UV’s – no matter the season. For best application, rub product onto your cheeks with clean fingers in a circular motion on damp skin.
Morning skincare doesn’t just take place in front of a mirror, there are a few other tidbits you can apply throughout your day to help keep your face radiant. Things like sleeping with your head elevated to reduce puffiness, splashing ice water on your face when you first wake to get you moving and drinking plenty of water throughout the day.
Altogether, by following these simple guidelines of washing your face with an appropriate skin cleanser, toning and applying a moisturizer with clean fingers in a circular motion on damp skin; even a busy Mom can squeeze in a little morning facial pampering before starting off her day.
I hope you enjoyed this skincare post by Eva. Remember to follow my blog by adding your email to the top of the blog to stay up to date with all the exciting posts. You can also follow me at Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest.
Thanks for reading!