I am such a sucker for nice skincare products. I just can’t resist. I have been dying to try Liz Earle products for a while as my friend raves about them. She has very sensitive skin and struggles to find products that do not irritate her skin. She has always used Liz Earle skincare products. So I treated myself to a little trial pack allow me to try the products. I hope you like my review.
Essentials Try-Me Kit
£25.50 from Liz Earle
This is a great kit for anyone wanting to try the products. They come in a cute little green Liz Earle waterproof toiletries bag which is handy to store them in. There are 4 mini products:
- Cleanse & Polish Hot Cloth Cleanser (30ml tube)
- Instant Boost Skin Tonic (50ml bottle)
- Skin Repair Moisturiser (15ml tube)
- Eyebright Soothing Eye Lotion (50ml bottle)
- Pure cotton cloth
The kit comes in three variations; Dry/sensitive, Oily/combination and normal/combination. I bought the normal/combination kit.
Cleanse & Polish Hot Cloth Cleanser
- Enriched with cocoa butter to soften, smooth and moisturise.
- Contains rosemary, chamomile and eucalyptus to tone, soothe and purify.
- A rich, indulgent cream that deeply cleanses to instantly remove daily grime, pollutants and make up, even stubborn mascara, to leave skin feeling comfortable, balanced and exceptionally clean.
- Leaves skin looking radiant.
This cleanser has won many awards and I can see why as it is a lovely creamy cleaner. I apply it to my dry face and massage in with my fingers for a a few minutes. I then use the cotton cloth supplied rinsed with warm water to remove the cleanser. I tried this first to remove my makeup but it was very messy and I found it did not remove all the makeup. So I have been removing my makeup by cleansing firstly with my garner micellar water and then using this as my 2nd cleanse and I feel that is the best way to use it. Overall I did really like this cleanser but I do feel there are a couple out their that are similar. I have the Elemis Pro Radiance creamy cleanser that is the same and I have read people compare it to the Asda and Aldi cleanser and cloth products too. It left my skin looking radiant. I liked the cloth that they include. It is really big for a change. The only claim I do not feel it lives up to is the removes all makeup.
Instant Boost Skin Tonic
- Refreshes, soothes and brightens the appearance of skin
- Gentle and alcohol-free.
- Provides an instant boost of hydration to leave skin radiantly healthy-looking.
- Naturally active ingredients include aloe vera to hydrate, calendula, chamomile and cucumber to soothe and refresh, plus antioxidant vitamin E.
This is my favourite product in the kit. I love it. I apply it to a cotton pad and gently smooth it across my face and neck after cleansing. I usually struggle with toners as they dry my skin out and leave it feeling tight, even when the company claims it won’t! This one leaves my skin really fresh and hydrated. I’ve been suffering with a bad cold over the past week and I have been reapplying this throughout the day just to refresh my skin and make me feel a bit better. It prepares a lovely base for my serums and moisturiser. This lives up to all the claims and I can see why it gets 5 star reviews.
Eyebright Soothing Eye Lotion
- Instantly revitalise and refresh tired, puffy eyes with this gentle.
- Naturally active ingredients include the herb eyebright, witch hazel, aloe vera and cornflower to cool and soothe the delicate eye area.
- Suitable for contact lens wearers.
This is a clear liquid that can be used to remove makeup, applied to eyes to refresh them and reduce puffiness and finally you can soak cotton pads in this and leave them on your eyes for 10 minutes for a real pamper. I was not sure what to expect from this product. It was the only one that I have read really mixed reviews. A lot of people love it and praise it, but many say it seems pointless and didn’t like it. However, I really like this product. I tried removing makeup but i needed to use lots of the product and at this price I think you could use a cheaper micellar water or eye makeup remover for that. How I have been using it is by applying it to a cotton pad and pressing t across my eyes. As mentioned earlier I have had a cold and this product really helped smooth my irritated eyes. I also suffer with hay fever and lots of people said this is a great product to smooth your eyes throughout the summer. In the morning it is so refreshing on my eyes, helps to wake me up!
Skin Repair Moisturiser
- Softens, smoothes and conditions skin for a naturally healthy-looking glow.
- A lightweight formula that intensely hydrates without leaving skin feeling oily for an instantly soft and smooth complexion.
I really like this moisturiser. You only need to use a little bit as it absorbs into the skin and blends across my face easily. It has a pleasant smell and left my skin feeling really hydrated without any greasiness. It is very lightweight as claimed which I prefer. It is quite expensive though.
I have just finished these mini products, they lasted a month using morning and night. I have repurchased the Instant Boost Skin Tonic and Eyebright Soothing Eye Lotion as I really did love these two products. They were £15.50 each from boots.
Hope you enjoyed the post. Don’t forget to subscribe to my blog www.islandbeautyjunkie.com so you don’t miss out on any exciting beauty and skincare posts. You can also follow me on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest.
Thanks for reading x