Well, I have an exciting post to write as I have been nominated for the Liebster Award by the lovely Jennifer Sturgis. You can find her fantastic blog at http://www.theglamorouspineapple.com. I was so happy to have this opportunity so Thank you Jennifer.
ABOUT THE LIEBSTER AWARD:
The Liebster Award is given to new bloggers and is an exciting opportunity for bloggers to grow and promote their blogs whilst developing links with other new exciting bloggers.
Here are the rules:
- Post 11 facts about yourself
- Answer the 11 questions your nominator has asked you
- Nominate 11 other bloggers
- Ask them 11 other questions
- Let them know that you’ve nominated them
Add the links for the blogger who nominated you and the bloggers you are nominating!
So, here I go…
Facts about me:
- I live on a beautiful tiny island at the top of North Wales called Anglesey. The main language spoken is Welsh. I am now a welsh speaker after many many years of learning!!
- I have 2 beautiful children who keep me sane, make me laugh and make me want to explode with the love I have for them.
- I can touch my nose with my tongue.
- I am a trained Graphic Designer and after running my own Graphic Design business for 10 years, I now lecture in Graphic Design at a local art college.
- I LOVE Blogging in my spare time. I also enjoy baking and reading historical Fiction and thrillers.
- I am addicted to makeup and cannot stop buying new products to try.
- I love going the cinema. My favourite types of films are Marvel/DC super hero films. (The geek in me I’m afraid!)
- My favourite superhero is Iron Man, although I think Robert Downey Jnr is part of the reason I like Iron Man.
- I love traveling and try to get abroad a couple of times a year.
- I feel like I have been dieting for the past 20 years.
- I enjoy fitness and try to get the gym several times a week.
What I was asked:
1.What made you want to start blogging?
I have been a huge lover of reading blogs and watching You Tube beauty videos for many years. As I have got older though, I have found the products and tutorials don’t always work for me. I am in my late 30’s now and I do not always get the results the young You Tubers get. So I decided I would start my own blog where I could share my honest reviews. I love trying new makeup and skin care products. I am always buying them so I might as well blog about them.
2. Who is your favorite actor?
I really like Jennifer Lawerence.
3. What is your favorite food?
I love cheese. It is my favourite thing ever and one of the main reasons I struggle to loose weight! My favourite meal is pizza.
4. Who is your biggest blogging inspiration? What attracted you to their blog?
My favourite bloggers ever are Pixiwoo. They are two sisters based in the UK. It was one of the first You Tube channels I started watching. I love their honest reviews. They are similar ages to me too so I can really relate to them. I don’t feel they just say things to keep companies happy. I also love their tutorials, as they are realistic and easy to achieve. They both seem like down to earth nice people.
5. If you could pick anywhere in the world to travel to, where would you go?
I would love to go to Russia. I love history and think it would be such an interesting place to go.
6. What is one piece of advice you would give to someone interested in starting a blog?
I have two: Stay positive, be honest and be yourself. Social Network Platforms are your new best friend. Interact with them as much as you can. IT will really help build followers.
7. Where do you see your blog in 5 years?
Hopefully still going strong. I would like to be working with brands and would love to be blogging part time alongside my Lecturing job.
8. SERIOUS QUESTION: Pineapple on pizza? Yes, or no? LOL
Oh god absolutely. Pineapple all the way.
9. Are you more of a cat person or a dog person?
If I had to choose dog, but I am not really an animal person I’m afraid.
10. If there was one thing you could do differently when you started blogging, what would it be?
I have learnt through trial and error to take my photos in natural light during the middle of the day with my good SLR camera. I would have done this from the start as many of my photos in the beginning had bad lighting.
11. What hobbies do you have other than blogging?
I love reading and baking.
11 questions for the nominees:
- Why did you start your blog?
- If you could only take one beauty product to a desert island what would it be?
- What is your perfect night out?
- How do you like to relax in your spare time?
- What is your favourite film of all time?
- What is the best advice you could give to a new blogger?
- If you could be any animal which would it be and why?
- What is the most used app on your phone or tablet?
- Name two bloggers you regularly follow and why?
- What is your favourite band or musician?
- What is the best book you have ever read and why?
My Nominees are:
- Kelly Dianne Littlewood – http://www.thekellydianereport.com
- Akira Williams – https://akira-kay.com
- Melissa Jayne Portman – http://essentiallylily.co.uk
- Alyssa Wendy-Lynn – https://itsthelittlethingsinlifethatmatter.wordpress.com
- Emily Evans – http://www.justbreatheandread.com
- Nicholette Thomas- https://themixedmamablog.com
- Rachael latchman – http://rachaelblogsbeauty.com
- Sophie Elizabeth Harper – http://sophiescribblessaid.blogspot.co.uk
- Shelly Anne Morecroft – http://www.shelleymorecroft.co.uk
- Sabrina Elizabeth Hackett-Saikul – http://severnwishes.co.uk
- Kathryn Jade Hannant – https://kathrynjadeblog.wordpress.com
Check out my lovely nominated bloggers and their exciting blogs.
I am looking forward to reading everyone’s answers.
Don’t forget to subscribe to my blog and receive regular emails for all my posts. You can also follow me on Facebook: @islandbeautyjunkie, Twitter: @Islandbeauty77 and Instagram: islandbeautyjunkie
Thanks for reading.