After reading lots of amazing reviews about the skin care brand CeraVe, I decided to buy some of their products to try. CeraVe was set up in 2005 by dermatologists. They wanted to create simple products that were effective and affordable to everyone. “As the affordable, accessible, dermatologist-recommended solution to hydrate, restore, and replenish skin, CeraVe has received more Seal of Acceptance awards from the National Eczema Association than any other brand”. I decided to try the Hydrating Cleanser and Moisturiser to begin with and have now been using the products for a few months. I hope you enjoy my review…
CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser
£8.99 for 236 ml from Superdrug I love a good cleanser. It can really make your skin feel fresh and clean. I have combination skin which can often have an oily T-Zone but overall is quite dry. I cleanse twice a day. I like to use a wet cleanser that I can use in the shower to really clean my skin. As my skin can be dry I do not use foamy cleansers as they leave it feeling tight. The CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser is suitable for all ages and more impressively is super cheap for a big bottle.
- For Normal to Dry skin
- A gentle, non-foaming cleansing lotion
- Contains 3 essential ceramides & hyaluronic acid
- MVE Technology – Controlled release for all hydration
- Hyaluronic Acid – Helps retain skin’s natural moisture
- Soap free, fragrance free and hypoallergenic
My Verdict: I have been using this cleanser for several weeks now. I apply it to a wet face and use my fingers to massage it in. It is really creamy and soothing on the skin. I have found that it does not fully remove all my eye makeup, but I double cleanse in the evenings so by the 2nd cleanse all makeup has gone. I tend to use my Garnier Micellar water to remove all makeup and then follow with this cleanser. It leaves my skin feeling really smooth and clean. My skin is not tight or dry. I am really impressed with this cleanser. I think the price of £8.99 for 236ml is just fantastic. It comes in a bottle with a pump so you can easily access the cleanser, even with wet hands. I would recommend this to most skin types and I even think with oily skin it would be fine. It is a great cleanser for a teenager who is starting to develop the basis of a skincare routine.
CeraVe Moisturising Cream
£8.99 for 236 ml from Superdrug I am always on the lookout for a good moisturiser that is not going to break the bank. They have a few moisturisers with and without SPF. I bought the standard moisturising cream and it was only £4.00 for 50ml or £8.99 for 236ml!
- Provides all day hydration for dry to very dry skin while helping to restore the protective skin barrier
- A rich, non-greasy cream
- A protective moisturising face and body cream.
- Specifically formulated to moisturise sensitive skin that is dry to very dry and prone to irritation.
- Utilises patented MVE® delivery technology to help replenish ceramides and deliver controlled, long lasting hydration.
- Locks in moisture for up to 24-hour hydration
- With 3 essential ceramides to help restore skin’s natural barrier.
- Suitable for children (aged 3 years and above) and adults with dry/very dry skin,
- Suitable for sensitive skin.
- Fragrance free
I have been using this moisturiser now for a few weeks and I am really pleased with it. I often find cheaper moisturisers can be greasy and heavy on the skin, but this is lovely. Very lightweight and absorbs into the skin leaving it really hydrated and refreshed. My skin stays hydrated all day without any oiliness. It is a fab price. I bought the one without SPF so I would prefer to get the SPF one next time. Overall though, this is a really great moisturiser and can be used all over the body and on children or sensitive skin. Following my review of the hydrating cleanser and now this moisturiser I am so impressed with the brand CeraVe. The quality of both products ie excellent and they have worked well on my skin.
I hope you enjoyed my post. Don’t forget to subscribe to my blog www.islandbeautyjunkie.com so you don’t miss out on any exciting beauty and skincare posts. You can also follow me on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest.
Thanks for reading x